Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blog #14-

The last few weeks we have been focusing on our self portraits. The first one I sat in front of a mirror drawing my self. I think that I have progressed since last semester drawing the structure of the face. However I still find it very difficult to draw myself in a mirror. I need to somehow over come this or try something new. After completing three hours of work we turned in our portraits. I stood mine them while accepting criticism from my classmates. This seemed to be really helpful. However I still can't do it. I tried to reconstruct the form on my page but it was just frustrating.

We also have been creating ideas for our second self portrait. This project has to be seen in a third person point of view. This is also taking me a while to come up with ideas. I think I have decided to focus on the "Loss of something fragile". A little less than a year ago I had a major surgery on my ear. I wanted to incorporate this in my project. I couldn't just focus on my case so I had to expand it on other issues. So I have decided to focus on loosing something and gaining it back. So I'm going to focus on loosing all five senses. I hope this works out he way I plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment