Monday, September 28, 2009

Blog #8-


This week we worked more on skulls and the different views. In class we studied our drawings and asked questions to the class to find out what we should fix. Looking and comparing my drawings to others I thought that it might be beneficial to start looking at the skull with cross contours. So with that, I began the next 3/4 view with an outline and then continued with cross contours. When I drew the outline I sketched it in with vine charcoal so if i made a mistake it was easily erasable. When I began shading and darkening lines it was a lot easier to see the shadows and curves of the skull with the contour lines. All in all, I believe that this is my best drawing of a skull so far. With adding in the contour lines it enhanced my shading and detail abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment